TDK 4x BLU RAY BD-R 50GB DOUBLE LAYER
Blu-ray Disc is the next-generation optical disc format that was developed to enable recording and playback of high-definition video (HD), as well as storing large amounts of data.
The Blu-ray BD-R 2x Dual Layer has a storage capacity of 50GB with?4x writing speed as well as extremely long recording times of up to 360 minutes?(or 6 hours of?HDTV)?offering even more capacity along with outstanding burner compatibility and a long service life. ?
Blu-ray uses a blue-violet laser to read and write data while current optical disc technologies such as DVD use a red laser. The shorter wavelengths of the Blu-ray technology make it possible to record more data on the same space. These discs are safeguarded by Verbatim’s super hard coat which protects against everyday wear and tear. With the rapid growth of HDTV, Blu-ray will meet the consumer demand for recording HD programming and is expected to replace VCRs and DVD recorders over the coming years.
- Write-once Blu-ray Disc
- DURABIS2 hard coating technology
- Stores 21 hours of standard definition video or 270 minutes of high definition video (based on transfer rate of 24Mbps)
- Record High Definition TV (HDTV)
- Data backup and data storage
- Next generation video games
- Film and TV productions
- Home computing applications
- BLU-RAY DISC : 50GB
- Type: Write-Once
- Layers: Double
- Disc Diameters: 120mm
- Disc Thickness: 1.2mm
- Laser Wavelength: 405nm
- Recording Speed: 4x (72mbs)
- Hard Coating: DURABIS 2